The bathroom is one of the most used spaces in the house. It, therefore, deserves an appealing interior design. Apart from the other bathroom fixtures, shower doors play a vital role in elevating the visual appeal of the bathroom interior.
It instantly transforms a simple bathroom into a posh one. So if you are looking for a way to boost your bathroom design right away, getting a shower enclosure is the way to go.
You can visit the market or order glass shower doors online. However, the variety of available shower enclosure styles may get you overwhelmed. So we will cover some important tips and tricks for choosing the right shower doors in this blog.
10 Tips for Choosing a Shower Door
- Consider The Bathroom Size And Layout
The first thing to consider while choosing a shower enclosure is the given bathroom space. The size and layout of the bathroom play a vital role in determining the right style of shower enclosure. If you have a small bathroom, a sliding or an inward-opening pivot door is the best option. You can choose a swinging door or a bi-fold door for a larger bathroom.
Similarly, the bathroom layout defines the shower enclosure style. A corner or neo-angle shower door works well for small bathrooms while high-end sliding shower doors perfectly fit in large bathrooms with a straightforward layout.
Make sure to analyze your bathroom layout, evaluate the bathroom size and determine the shower enclosure style accordingly.
- Type Of Shower Door
When it comes to the types of shower enclosures, you will find a wide variety. From pivot to sliding, bi-fold to hinged, and corner to folding shower doors, you can find any shower door style to suit your space and preferences. 
- Pivot shower doors are ideal for larger bathrooms as they require floor space for operation.
- Sliding doors slide across the metal rails and don’t require any additional floor space so they are perfect for bathrooms with limited space.
- Bi-fold doors are recommended for tight spaces.
- Determine the Shape of the Shower Doors
When choosing a shower door, consider the layout, style, and functionality of the bathroom. Analyzing the given space would also help you determine the shape of the shower door that would suit best for your bathroom.
There are different shapes of shower doors available in the market. Every shower door shape has its own set of benefits. Take your time to do some research and choose the shower door shape that best suits your requirements.
- Round shower doors are typically used for corner showers as they can make up for multiple geometrically designed door panels. These shower doors are a classy and practical addition to the shower space.
- Neo-Angle shower doors have a unique diamond-like shape. With three to five glass panels, they are designed to fit in the bathroom corners. Neo-angle shower doors are a great option for integrating a functional showering space in a limited bathroom area.
- Geometric shapes are considered the standard for shower glass doors. They render a streamlined and sharp look to the bathroom and work well with any bathroom interior.
- Curved shower doors are a great option to achieve unique elegance and class. They are designed to bring the curved interior space to use. The curved edges of the shower enclosure subtly elevate the style aesthetics of the interior. They are also space-savvy, easy to clean, and visually appealing. However, installing curved shower enclosures requires special skills. They are also relatively pricier than regular enclosures.
- Type Of Glass For Shower Enclosure
Gass is a versatile material. It is available in a variety of colors, styles, and textures. You can choose any type of glass based on your aesthetic and practical requirements.
- Clear glass is a popular choice in standard homes as it allows natural light to enter the shower space and gives the bathroom a more open and spacious feel.
- Frosted or opaque glass is preferred for its privacy value. It is a great option for maintaining optimum privacy without compromising on aesthetics.
- Tinted glass is used to achieve a vibrant and personalized appearance. It is available in different color options to match your personal style.
- Patterned or textured glass is known for its unique and exquisite appearance. It also distorts the interior view, elevating the privacy value of the shower.
- Choose The Hardware And Finish
Along with different styles, the hardware for shower enclosures comes in different finishes. The choice of hardware and finish can highly impact the aesthetics of the bathroom. So consider your options carefully and choose the hardware.
- Chrome finish is popular for its posh look and high-end feel. It works well with most bathroom styles.
- The brushed nickel finish adds a hint of gold to the hardware making it appear fancier.
- The stainless steel finish adds a streamlined and fine look to the overall bathroom design.
- Consider The Maintenance Requirements
As glass features a clear surface and a tiny stain or a simple smudge can distort the overall look. So taking the maintenance requirements into account is one of the most important factors in choosing the right shower enclosure.
Some types of glass require regular cleaning while others are designed with low maintenance requirements. Consider your use frequency and individual conditions to select the right shower door. 
- Clear shower door requires regular cleaning and maintenance to look shiny.
- Frosted shower doors conceal the smudges and stains. They don’t show stains as easily as clear glass doors.
- Soap scum and debris may get stuck in the engraved patterns of textured glass shower doors. So they require deep cleaning after regular intervals.
- Tinted glass doors also work well against stains and smudges.
You can also get a protective coating on your shower glass to prevent soap scum and water spots from building up. It makes cleaning more manageable and reduces the cleaning time considerably.
- Pick the Right Accessories
There are several accessories for shower enclosures that you need to consider while choosing a hower door as the right shower door accessories enhance its functionality and utility value.
- Shower door handles come in a range of shapes, materials, styles, and finish options. You can choose the standard handle, door knob, high-end Victorian-style handle, or decorative bar handle according to your preferences.
- Shower door hinges are quite important as they help hold the shower door in place. They come in different finishes, including chrome, brushed nickel, matte black, and oil-rubbed bronze.
- Shower Door Seals prevent the water from leaking out of the shower. They come in different shapes, sizes, and material options.
- Shower Door Drip Rails channel the water back into the shower stall. They are typically installed at the bottom of the shower door.
Related: Shower Is Leaking Through The Floor
- Get Professional Recommendation
Everyone has an image of their desired interior in mind. Even if you are sure about the design features you want, it is still recommended to get a second opinion from the experts.
The professionals would take into account the aesthetic and practical factors and recommend an achievable design for your desired bathroom.
- Buying The Shower Door From The Right Place
From offline to online, there are countless options for buying glass enclosures. Make sure to do some market research before buying the shower. Visit the market and get in contact with different suppliers. Or even better, search for your desired shower enclosure online.
Every reputable shower enclosure supplier is on the web now. You can not only find the online prices but also order glass shower doors online. It saves you from the hassle of going to the market, saves your time, and brings your desired product to your doorstep without any hard work.
You can also compare and get quotes for your desired shower doors online. So take the simple route and make your life easy.
Read Also: Toilet Bubbling When Shower is Running
The right shower door can do wonders to uplift the bathroom’s aesthetics. The selection process requires careful consideration of the above-mentioned factors.
Take your time, use the tips, select the right shower door for your bathroom, and bring the exceptional brilliance of the shower enclosure to the bathroom.